The “Hellenic Petroleum Marketing Companies Association” (SEEPE) has been operating since 1977 and represents 14 Petroleum Marketing Companies that distribute 90% of liquid fuels and other oil products of our Country and that employee, directly or indirectly, dozens of thousands of employees.
Association’s mission is the development of positions and the handling of issues referring to the smooth operation of the Oil Industry in Greece. The Association contributes with constructive and specialized advice and suggestions to organizations and the State.
The main purpose of the Association is to inform its members of proposed changes in the legislation and to help form and advocate the industry’s position.
Sales volumes in the
Domestic and International Market for the period 2011 - 2015.
The total sales volumes of
petroleum fuels in the quinquennium 2011-2015
have decreased by 20,16%.
The sales in the Domestic
Market have decreased by 21,18%, while the sales in the International
Market have decreased by 17,99%.
Domestic Market Sales
- Gasoline sales have decreased by 26,07% (2015 vs 2014: -2,62%).
- Heating Oil sales have decreased by 51,83% (2015 vs 2014: 43,26%).
- Automotive diesel sales have increased by 14,36% (2015 vs 2014:
- Fuel Oil sales have decreased by 21,55% (2015 vs 2014: -3,64%).
- LPG sales have increased by 37,14% (2015 vs 2014: 7,94), due to the
introduction of natural gas into the market.
International Market Sales
- Jet Fuels sales have increased by 19,65% (2015 vs 2014: 2,42%), due
to the increase in tourism.
- Marine Fuels have decreased by 28,41% in
total (2015 vs 2014: 0,30%).
Marine Gasoil was reduced by 1,80% (2015 vs 2014: 16,27%).
Fuel Oil was reduced by 33,44% (2015 vs 2014: -3,39%).
The significant decrease in Gasoline sales is caused both
by the adverse economic circumstances and by the vehicles’ conversion from Gasoline
to Automotive Diesel and LPG engines.
Generally, the economic crisis and the austerity measures (intense
recession, unemployment, extra taxation) have a negative effect on Industry
For the “Sales volumes in the Domestic and
International Market for the period 2011 – 2015”, please click the following